Wednesday, May 10, 2006

 

Fun and games

Well life's lots of fun at the moment. Loads going on - playing plenty of frisbee and five-aside. Oh and I think I'm supposed to be doing some work in between all the fun stuff but that seems to have taken a back seat at the moment due to a lack of the ability to concentrate (now that's a fun story too....). The weather today is excellent - lovely clear blue sky, though a bit hazey. The shorts are out. I'm showing my scarred legs to the world (too many bad bids for the disc).

The new 5-aside season started last week. We lost one and drew one - pretty annoying considering we'd won one and drawn one against the same teams the week before. (There had been confusion as to when the league was supposed to start). The whole thing ended what had been a great week for me on a high. Ha!

I'm a firm believer in the saying "live and learn" - the idea that you shouldn't dwell too much on mistakes you make but should learn from them in order to try to avoid making the same mistakes again. (Though I'm struggling with the "not dwelling" bit at the moment.) It's not an enjoyable experience to discover you've messed up something but as long as you can work out where you went wrong they can help you in the future. And although its not a nice feeling, another old saying applies here - "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

Anyway, enough about mistakes. I think I need a cup of tea.

Comments:
Keep up the good work » » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?