Tuesday, December 20, 2005

 

Poker mad

I've recently got back into playing poker on-line regularly. I started playing at university, discovering the delights of on-line play in my second year. My site of choice then was VCpoker. It was in my second year that I had my biggest on-line tournament win to date. It was one of the first $10,000 tournaments that they had put one, and one of the biggest on-line tournaments around back then. I won $3000, which helped fund my summer 4 week trip around Eastern Europe.

This time around I've switched to Party Poker, simply because they have been mentioned a lot in the press recently after their big floatation. It's quite obvious looking at the size of the tournaments Party Poker are putting on that the market for on-line poker is a lot larger than it was when I first started playing. At the weekend, for example there are tournaments with prize pools of $500,000 (that means the winner gets about $120,000 - life changing for most!). In January 06 they're planning a $1,000,000 (yes thats £1 million!) tournament. My $3k win is looking pretty pathetic these days, especially as there are loads of tournaments going on that have larger prize pools than that every day!

As for my play at the moment, well I'm doing ok, gradually building my bankroll and sorting out how to play again. Not managed to qualify for one of those big £500k tournaments yet, but one day maybe.....

Oh, if you fancy giving it a go, using the links above to Party Poker will get you a $25 sign-up bonus with your first deposit. Which is nice.

Comments:
Nooo, don't do it Ed. Was talking to R. Parr the other day and he'd been playing again too! The bug just lays dormant:) Good to see your blogging again.

Ben
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?