Sunday, July 10, 2005

 

A time for reflection

I had thought that I would not talk about Thursday's attack on London as I have nothing to add to the many things written elsewhere but I feel the need to comment in light of the following from an article in the New York Times:
"The terrorists have come home," said a senior intelligence official based in Europe, who works often with British officials. "It is payback time for a policy that was, in my opinion, an irresponsible policy of the British government to allow these networks to flourish inside Britain."
This is nothing short of "I told you so" and is disgraceful. Our intelligence services have stopped a number of attacks. The simple truth that everyone must grasp is that there is nothing that we can do to prevent all terrorism that would allow us to maintain our current way of life. It is a risk that we must live with, and have lived with for many years. This is not the time to point the finger of blame, despite George Galloway's triumphalism in Parliament. These terrorists despise our way of life and we should not try to justify their murdering of innocent people.

Fox News, the wonderful American news channel, has been at it again. I know the British television media is far from perfect, but I do find it deeply disturbing that so many millions of Americans watch that channel: Fox News slammed over 'callous' line

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?