Saturday, June 18, 2005

 

Worse things happen at sea

Ah, revision - isn't it such fun? Today has been a lovely, sunny day in Oxford and I have spent the majority of it sat in the library. Having exams in July is not good. To top it off, I popped into the College bar (on the way home from the library, drinking lemonade.....) to say goodbye to some friends who leave tomorrow (term finishes officially tomorrow - it seems the people who set my exams ignored that point) and they're all having a great time. B*****ds!

Three weeks time it will all be over and I'll either be delighted to have got them out of the way, or depressed at the thought of having failed them. There will be no one around then which means finishing will be a bit of an anti-climax - totally different to last year after Finals for my undergrad degree which involved flour, cream, beer, silly string, coloured hair-spray and a loss of memory (probably something to do with the beer).

But hey, I shouldn't complain too much, no matter how tempting it is. There are many worse places that I could be than Oxford and much worse stress than I could be under than exam stress. As the great Monty Python once sang:

If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten,
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps.
Just purse your lips and whistle.
That's the thing.
And...

Always look on the bright side of life.
[whistle]
Always look on the right side of life,
[whistle]


(For the rest of the lyrics click here)

Comments:
ooh ooh it's that song! i seem to remember someone having sent that to me ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?